I’m a copywriter.
‘You’re a what?’ I hear this a lot. Often the conversation goes a little like this…
‘What do you do?’
‘I’m a copywriter.’
‘Oh, so you help people protect their work?’
If you’ve also been thinking… ‘copywriters deal with that little c-in-a-circle that protects your work, right?’…you’re not alone.
Not an unreasonable assumption… copywriting is copyrighting…right? Not quite…
So, let’s take a closer look…
So what’s copyWRITING all about?
The long and short of it is, if you’re needing the ownership of your ideas, inventions or art protected, you’re going to want someone well-versed in Copyright. Someone who can help you to correctly do this: ©.
If however, you’re looking for words…carefully composed words, to promote your business, brand, or your brand new gooey-chocolate-cake-with-mouthwatering-chocolate-caramel-sauce-that-will-make-your-day…a copywriter will be the pen to your ideas!
Copywriting is a specialised style of writing, with specific training in the how-to. It is unlike any other writing style.
Anytime you read a business website, read a subscription email or drive past a billboard, chances are a copywriter crafted the words you’re reading.
Research shows us that a business can have a visually compelling website, or beautiful marketing materials, however without clear and relevant words to go with this, that beautiful website won’t connect or convert.
Copywriter’s are paid well for what they create because those words have a high ROI (return on investment) for businesses, through increased engagement, sales, trust and credibility.
Copywriting has a clear purpose:
…to create a connection between an individual or group with a specific need or want, and the business or brand who provides that solution.
It is NOT about being sales-y, and definitely not about being sales-y for the sake of it. The customer/audience actually HAS a need and is searching for a solution. Quality copy (the words), let’s that audience know the solution exists and how and where to subscribe to, purchase, or find it.
Copywriters are trained in the art of weaving stories with stats, crafting expressive headlines, and more, to get your business message to the people who need to see it. Copy is always informed by in-depth understanding of your audience – your message is conveyed in a way that connects with them, thus giving your copy the best chance of being read and actioned.
In summary, copywriter’s create the words that market what you do directly to those looking for what you offer.
- In my business, Word Wizardry, I collaborate with purpose-led business owners like you;
- I write engaging sales copy for social media platforms, websites, product marketing materials, and more;
- Copy is well-researched, original and aligned to your brand voice and guidelines to generate engagement and sales, to grow followings and build trust and credibility;
- I bring a scrupulous eye for detail to proofreading and editing;
- I am reliable in meeting deadlines;
- As a freelance copywriter I work remotely and autonomously;
- I have a thorough briefing process to ensure I fully understand you, my client – drawing together the intricate threads of who you are, what you do, and the unique value you bring to the world into a clear and compelling message;
- I think creatively and strategically for now and for the future;
- I enjoy building relationships and receiving feedback.
Until next time friends…off to find chocolate cake (dairy-free for me)…happy adventures!
Like, share with a buddy, or subscribe to get new posts straight to your inbox.